Sunday, June 28, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I bid a farewell until next year to my dear family today. It is a sad occasion since I feel like I will miss so much of their lives during this time. From experience I can tell you that absence does make the heart grow fonder however.

Airplanes. My dear Tricia doesn't like to fly at all, so of course the kids don't care for it as well. We take lots of trains, drive or boats when possible. I have logged a lot of flights in the past few months. To get from home to Port Hueneme to Ft Riley, back and forth to home two times and leaving today adds up to a lot of flights. By the end of today I will have taken off and landed 16 times on this journey so far. I have flown on almost all of the major carriers so far. I estimate it will take 5 to 6 to get me to my ultimate duty station in Afghanistan. Who knows how many it will take to get back?

1 comment:

  1. Godspeed and a safe journey. And I hope it doesn't become too much of an "adventure." I wish you sprained ankles and upset tummies.

    ReplyDelete